WHAT IS MENTAL HEALTH?
Mental health refers to a person’s emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It encompasses ourthoughts, feelings, and behaviors, and influences how we handle stress,relate to others, and make daily choices. Maintaining good mental health involves achieving a balance in various aspects of life, coping with challenges, and seeking support when needed. Itis crucial for overall well-being and impacts our ability to function, enjoy life, and maintain healthy relationships.
LET'S TALK ABOUT STATS...
- One meta-analysis estimated the depression rate among medical
residents at 29% — while the rate among non-physicians was 8%.
- Physicians die by suicide at twice the rate of the general population.
- In October 2020, 87% of emergency physicians reported feeling more stressed due to COVID-19, but 45% said they didn’t feel comfortable seeking treatment if needed.
- Estimates suggest that in the USA, one doctor dies by suicide per day.
SELF CARE TIPS
Prioritize physical health by
scheduling workouts, even a
30 minute walk can help clear
Reduce caffeine, alcohol, and
sugar intake. Studies show that
increased intake can heighten
It’s ok to ask for help! Contact
your doctor or reach out to a
helpline for assistance!
“Mental health…is not a destination, but a process. It’s about how you drive, not where you’re going.”Noam Shpancer, PhD
- National Alliance on Mental
Illness(NAMI) – Visit www.nami.org
or call their helpline at 1-800-950-
- Mental Health America (MHA) – Visit
their website at
www.mhanational.org or call their
helpline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health
Services Administration (SAMHSA)
– Visit their website at
www.samhsa.gov or call their
helpline at 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Crisis Text Line-Free 24/7 support;
visit crisistextline.org or text HOME to
RESOURCES LOCATED IN MIAMI
- Florida Health– Also known as Florida
2-1-1; available 24/7;Call 2-1-1 for confidential mental
- The Southeast Florida Behavioral
Network– Visit their website at
https://sefbhn.org or call them at
- The Florida Medical Professionals
Group – Visit their website at
or call them at (850)878-2196
- The Health Foundation of South
Florida – Visit their website at
https://hfsf.org/ or call them at